What is that Aartemis.com?
An obligatory-to-remove Aartemis.com is the address of the search engine which is set as the home page and search provider on the user’s browsers if Aartemis browser hijacker intrudes the system. Aartemis page generates display ads which are provided by various advertisers. These ads are used for promoting online gaming websites, food supplements, unknown computer applications, and other unfamiliar products or services. Malware researchers recommend avoiding such contents because of their specific purposes. The major motivation for displaying them is money, which means that they are provided in order to earn money from every click and obtain the user’s personal details if possible.
The same goes for the search results that you are taken to when using Aartemis.com. The hijacker monitors the user’s interaction with the search engine, that is, records the search terms and the websites that are accessed in order to provide adequate links to sponsored websites. Do not get surprised if you find a link to some famous websites among the search hits labeled as ads. This type of advertising by Aartemis is very common among website owners, which means that unreliable websites may be promoted in this way, too. When the default search engine is replaced with Aartemis.com, the new search engine should be used with care. Please, do not rely on anything the hijacker provides and remove Aartemis as fast as you can.
Where does Aartemis come from?
Aartemis.com is known to have such clones as Qv06 and Qone8. All of them act in the same way as they manage to enter PC after being installed alongside freeware. The worst is that you happening on your Windows operating system until you start noticing some irritating changes. If you now have Aartemis, you should be very careful and do not use the suggested search engine as well as the home page. The best advice you can be given is to operate Aartemis removal. Besides, you should not delay this task if you want to safe your system.
What are the features of Aartemis.com?
You should careful with Aartemis as it is able to drop some potentially undesirable software onto the PC. Some of these PUPs could be almost invisible and you may know nothing about their activity. For example, it is likely that as soon as your home page and search provider are replaced to aartemis.com multiple cookies will be installed to track your virtual activity. Even though this may seem harmless at first you definitely should not allow some unfamiliar programs or cookies spy on your at any point. You better remove Aartemis once and for all.
How to remove Aartemis?
It is our recommendation that you erase Aartemis from the operating system and all affected browsers. In case the threat has entered the system together with unreliable computer applications you should consider getting them deleted as well. If you are unsure about whether these additional programs are malignant or not you can utilize a reliable malware scanner to figure this out. Note that even though we have presented the manual Aartemis removal instructions you still should install automatic malware detection and removal tools. SpyHunter can delete the browser hijacker and help you keep the system protected in the future. Click the download button to activate this reliable application.
How to eliminate Aartemis from my browsers?
Remove Aartemis from Mozilla Firefox:
- Open the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+T and click Options.
- Click the General tab, change/delete the Home Page and then click OK.
- Navigate to the search box on the right and click the search provider icon.
- Click Manage Search Engines and select the undesirable search provider.
- Now click Remove and restart the browser.
Remove Aartemis from Google Chrome:
- Open the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+F and click Settings.
- Navigate to On Startup, mark Open a specific page or set of pages and click Set pages.
- Change/delete the default URL and click OK.
- Navigate to Appearance and mark Show Home button.
- Click Change and repeat step 3.
- Navigate to Search and click Manage search engines.
- Find the URL of an undesirable search provider, click X, then Done and restart the browser.
Remove Aartemis from Internet Explorer:
- Open the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+T and click Manage Add-ons.
- Go to Search Providers to find the list of active search tools.
- Click the undesirable provider, select Remove and then Close.
- Tap Alt+T again and click Internet Options.
- Now click the General tab and locate the Home Page.
- Change/delete the presented URL, click OK and restart IE.